Sunday, December 2, 2012

Arizona Snowflake Crochet Motif 120212


by M. J. Joachim
Now I know many of you are being inundated with rain, snow and much colder temperatures. For that, my heart truly goes out to you. Out here in Arizona, however, we survived the extremely hot temps of summer – along with our nasty dust and monsoon rain storms. It’s positively picture perfect weather, without a snowflake to be found, which is why I give you the Arizona Snowflake pattern.
Yes, it’s true, we really do decorate cacti with lights out here. I don’t personally have any cactus in my yard, but if I did…nah, I wouldn’t risk getting poked, just so I could light them up. However, there are plenty of folks in the area who do. It’s quite a site to see too J
Arizona Snowflake Crochet Motif Instructions
Step 1:  Chain 9; make a ring by slip stitching into the 1st chain


Step 2:  Chain 3; make 23 double crochet stitches in center of ring; join with slip stitch to top chain of 1st chain 3 in round


Step 3:  Chain 10 (counts as 1 dc + 8 chain); single crochet in 4th chain from hook


Step 4:  Make 1 double crochet in each of the next 4 chain stitches


Step 5:  Skip 1 double crochet in ring; dc in next double crochet in ring


Step 6:  Chain 8, single crochet in 4th chain from hook; repeat Steps 4 & 5


[Repeat Step 6, ten more times, ending with a slip stitch to 3rd chain of first chain 10 at beginning of round.]
Finish off.

I’ve been busy on the Lots of Crochet Stitches website today too.




That’s all for now, kind people. Thank you for visiting Lots of Crochet Stitches. Until next time, happy crocheting J
M. J.

©2012 All Rights Reserved