Friday, December 28, 2012

Happy New Year – Projects and Stitches Galore!


by M. J. Joachim
Happy New Year kind visitors! Best to you and yours.
I’m happy to share that my kids all loved their afghans J That was quite a project, making 3 originally designed afghans in one year!
You’re all familiar with the first afghan. It’s the afghan you saw me working on most of this past year. My oldest daughter couldn’t have been happier with her special handmade treasure this year.



The second afghan turned into more of a work of art. All the while I was working on it, I kept calling it my daughter’s snowflake blanket. This is a piecework afghan, which included some hand weaving between the center motifs. The outer edge is ruffly and this little diddy certainly matches my 2nd daughter’s vibrant and lovely personality J


Using Tunisian crochet for the 3rd blanket, I created panels of Tunisian simple stitch and Tunisian double crochet. After hand-sewing them together, I crocheted a ridge border of triple crochet, alternating front and back post stitches all the way around for (I believe) 5 rounds. My son’s first expression when he saw it is a treasure for my heart.



Time was of the essence, good people. Documenting each step along the way took a backseat, so my kids could receive their annual handmade gifts by Christmas this year.
New additions to the website are listed below for your convenience. I hope you find several you enjoy for projects in the coming year.
That’s all for now, good people!
See you again soon J
M. J.
©2012 All Rights Reserved