Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A – Zing through My Blogs Part 4


by M. J. Joachim
Today, I’ve been taking a journey called A – Zing through My Blogs. This is the virtual tour of all five of my blogs, entered in the A – Z Challenge 2013. As mentioned in Part 1 on Writing Tips, each one of my blogs is very different. That’s why I’ve designed this tour. Please feel free to join us, and find out (almost) everything I’m up to for the A – Z Challenge.
This is where my A – Z adventures began on April 1, 2012. That’s right! I found out the night of the start of the challenge and said to myself, “I can do that.” I’m happy to say, I was right.
A little less than a year ago, Lots of Crochet Stitches was a blog. Looking back, I must admit, it was a rather unorganized blog too…and perhaps a bit messy.
Then the rush (in a good way) of keeping up with the A – Z challenge started. My blog consisted mostly of crochet stitch tutorials, until I was forced to be extra creative, that is.
Xeranthemum has to be my favorite. Looked up words for X, found a botanical name for a flower and voila! I created and wrote a tutorial for it. Those flowers have made their way to magnets on my fridge and become accents for packages and such throughout the year.
By summer 2012, I was completely reorganizing my blog. By fall 2012, I’d built and launched a website! This, all because on a whim, I entered the A – Z Challenge 2012! Thank you, Lee and all you wonderful hosts of the A – Z Challenge!
Amidst all this, my creative writing needed a release. Huge flash fiction fan here - I also positively love to write the stuff! My FlashTyme blog was born, the last stop in our virtual tour called A – Zing through My Blogs – Check out Part 5 here, to see what strange tales get woven through my mind and expressed in as few words as possible. 
Thank you for visiting Lots of Crochet Stitches,
M. J.
©2013 All Rights Reserved