Saturday, April 20, 2013

Rose Flower


by M. J. Joachim
There are so many patterns for crocheted roses, many that look fairly similar and follow a prescribed method to make them. I wanted something different for my rose flower. I kept thinking about those home-grown roses, the ones with big, full, exaggerated blooms. I kept remembering my own rose garden – before I lost all my rose bushes that summer we had unending weeks of 118+ F degree temps. I never tried to regrow my rose garden, so this pattern is based on memories of some of my most beautiful roses.
The other thing I like about this pattern is that it’s fairly easy – once you make the French squares, that is. They’re actually not that hard to make and are very pretty for numerous projects.

Step 1:  Make 4 French Squares


Step 2:  Use 2 – 3 pieces of matching pipe cleaner, and gather center of squares tightly together.


Step 3:  Wrap stem in a piece of green pipe cleaner and/or floral tape
Step 4:  Fluff out petals to shape flower
All patterns for A – Z Challenge 2013 are originals designed and created by me, so please abide by all copyright laws. However, you are more than welcome to link to my work. In fact, I would very much appreciate it if you do. Thank you!

Thank you for visiting Lots of Crochet Stitches.
M. J. Joachim
Photo credits:  M. J. Joachim (©2013 All Rights Reserved); rose amber flush, Georges Seguin, GFDL; rose saplings, Surya Prakash S.A., Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike 3.0; rose with raindrops, Audrey, Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic
©2013 All Rights Reserved