Tuesday, November 18, 2014

2 Butterfly Crochet Patterns

by M. J. Joachim

Top right: M. J.'s; Bottom: Christina's
I finally made the butterflies from my last post. When I pinned that post, Christina commented and gave me her pattern for them. I think there may have been some confusion of UK vs. US symbols, but I did my best to follow her pattern just the same. The whole thing turned out really well, because now we can make big and small butterflies. We can even have them flutter all over our Christmas trees if we want.

I used pipe cleaner for the antennae. It was very easy and I think it looks good too.

My Butterfly (made by looking at the picture with no pattern)

Step 1: Chain 4, slip stitch into 1st chain to make a ring

Step 2: Chain 3 (counts as 1st dc), make 2 more dc in center of ring; (chain 1 + 3 dc) seven more times in ring - finish round with chain 1 and slip stitch into top chain of 1st chain 3 in round

Step 3: Join 2nd color in any chain 1 space; Chain 3, make 2 more dc in same space, chain 1, make 3 more dc in same space; make (3 dc + chain 1 + 3 dc) in each chain 1 space around - finish round by joining with slip stitch in top chain of 1st chain 3 in round

Step 4: Join 3rd color in any chain 1 space; chain 3, make 7 dc in same space; make 8 dc in each chain 1 space around - finish round by joining with slip stitch to top chain of 1st chain 3 in round

Christina’s Butterfly Pattern
Step 1: Chain 6, join with slip stitch to make a ring

Step 2: Chain 4 (counts as 1st triple), make 2 more triple crochet in same space; make (chain 2 + 3 triple) in center of ring 7 more times

Step 3: Join 2nd color in any chain 2 space; chain 4 + 2 more triple in same place, chain 3 + 3 more triple in same place, chain 1; make (3 triple + chain 3 + 3 triple) in each chain 2 space around with chain 1 between each group - finish round with chain 1 and a slip stitch in top of 1st chain 4 in round

Step 4: Join 3rd color in any chain 3 space; chain 4, make 7 triple in same space

Step 5: Make 1 dc in next chain 1 space; make (8 triple in next chain 3 space)

Repeat Step 5 around, ending by joining with a slip stitch to top chain of 1st chain 4 in round

Fold butterfly in half, right side up. Use pipe cleaner to secure and make antennae.

Thank you for visiting and sharing my post today. I hope these butterflies truly brighten your day!

M. J.

p. s. I'm really sorry. I tried to add individual pictures for you, but blogger didn't want to cooperate with the formatting of them in this blog post.

©2014 All Rights Reserved